Sunday, October 4, 2009

School Books

I have just spent the last week in my Literature class reading, watching and disecting the book Smoke Signals by Sherman Alexie and it brought back memories (and made me want to read another of his books called The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian which is now added to my favourite books off all time.

Well reading both of his book brough me back to my childhood.

-Back to the days where I would watch my uncles clean salmon
-Where I would watch my aunties make the most delicious bannock
- Where I would watch my GrandMA do beadwork.
-It made me remember the days that I would steal food from other kids lunches in grade school because I had none of my own ( and sometimes no breakfeast).
-These books made me remember how often I got moved around from school to school, so much so that I don't really remember any of my school teacher's names

These books and this class have started a dialogue within myself about a past I thought was forgotten, about a life that I thought was lost and a story that each one of us has to tell

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments just like I love chocolate, so if you can give me one its like giving me the other