Friday, November 5, 2010

Pizza Dinner

While at work yesterday I was thinking about what to make for dinner that night which is often a struggle for me since no one taught me how to cook , I am not that good at it yet and most nights I am too tired to even want to be awake let alone do anything that requires a brain. Well I knew I needed to get over those thoughts and plan a dinner, so in-between making a decaf tall ristretto soy no whip extra hot gingerbread latter (not a joke) and a American misto the brilliant idea of making a pizza was born, I went to the store and bought all the ingredients but on my way to pick Ava up from school I thought it would be much more enjoyable for all of us if we got to do it as a family and if we would get to make our own mini pizzas, so I went back to the store and bought the 6inch pizza dough dough’s and then went home and did all the pre production.






It was a really fun activity to do together and I could tell that the usually sassy Ava enjoyed it because she didn't complain once and was all smiles. I want to try and include her more often in cooking dinner but I am in need of some kid friendly recipes, so if you have one please share :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog yesterday! (I think I maybe found it before but somehow lost it??) Anyway... don't know if your family likes curry... but I just made a yummy beef curry for supper with rice (it was super easy), and then had lots of different toppings so everyone could dish up their supper and then add whatever toppings they wanted. Topping ideas: shredded coconut, pineapple, apple pieces, raisins, nuts... it was so good. But maybe it's too "out there"?? :) If you're interested let me know and I can send you the recipe. I guess it's not really kids cooking, but they are involved in choosing what to eat, and that can be fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments just like I love chocolate, so if you can give me one its like giving me the other